Martial Arts Highlights:
- A First Generation Disciple of Grandmaster Richard Lee.
- A Richard Lee 2nd Degree Black Belt.
- World Champion – 2009 TWKSF World Kuo Shu Championships, Germany
- Represented the United States Kuo Shu teams in World Competition:
- 2009 – 3rd TWKSF World Kuo Shu Championships, Germany.
- Represented the United States Kuoshu (Kung-Fu) team in International Competition:
- 2006 European Kuo Shu Championships, Switzerland.
- Represented Richard Lee’s West Coast Team in International Competition:
- 2009 – International Kuo Shu Championships – Baltimore, MD.
- Inducted into the Order of the Cobra – 2003.
- Inducted into the Bok-Fu-Do Hall of Fame – 2004.
- Presidents List Member since 2002.
- Instructor of the Year – 2006.
- Bok-Fu-Do Spirit Award – 2006.
- Black Belt of the Year – 2009.
- Years of Experience: 12
- 2003 – 1st TWKSF World Kuo Shu Championships, Brazil.
- 2006 – International Kuo Shu Championships – Baltimore, MD.
- 2005 – International Kuo Shu Championships – Baltimore, MD.
- 2004 – International Kuo Shu Championships – Baltimore, MD.
- 2003 – International Kuo Shu Championships – Baltimore, MD.
- 2002 – International Kuo Shu Championships – Baltimore, MD.
- 2001 – International Kuo Shu Championships – Baltimore, MD.
- 2001 – United States Open Kuo Shu Championships, San Francisco, CA.
Michelle Brown started her training in martial arts in 2000 with hopes of becoming a kickboxing instructor. Little did she know that one day she would earn a spot on the national Kou Shu Lei Tai team and represent the U.S. at a World Championships. Ms. Brown quickly established herself in Bok Fu Do by earning her instructor rank in 2001. She earned her black belt in 2007 and has been a disciple under Grandmaster Lee since 2012. She is currently a Bok Fu Do 2nd degree black belt.
Since she began her studies at East-West, Ms. Brown has far exceeded her initial expectations of herself in martial arts and in life. She has traveled the world representing her teachers, school and system in international and world tournaments and has gone on to be a successful business owner. She has represented the United States at the 1st World Kuosh Championships in Brazil, at the 2006 European Championships in Switzerland and won the World Championship in 2009 in Germany.
Ms. Brown has helped to develop several students to instructor level and has headed up the design and production of East-West tournament and special event uniforms since 2001.
Some words from Ms. Brown:
“Before I started training at East West I was teaching Cardio Kickboxing at a few prestigious gyms in San Francisco. I came to East West to learn more about the movements I was teaching my clients, as well as get in tune with my mind, body and spirit. Now, nearly 13 years later, Bok Fu Do has become a big part of who I am. The obstacles I have overcome, both in my own training and with my students have given me a new perspective; I have learned more about myself than I ever thought I would learn from martial arts. The skill of controlling and channeling my energy has been very helpful in running my businesses, and I find that with each new endeavor I begin I am more prepared for the surprises and challenges I encounter.”
Ms. Brown is a certified personal and group trainer with AED and CPR certifications as well as TRX and Trigger Point Therapy certification. She owns Gumsaba Outdoor Boot Camp which runs boot camps for men women and teens all over the East bay and won 2012 Best of the Bay in Diablo Magazine. She is the head of the Corporate Fitness Program for CytoSport/Muscle Milk.